footwall

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
footwall

Opinions, rumors, discussion and everything else you want to talk about to do with the beautiful game

2 posters

Roy Keane, Paul Ince, and Mark Hughes

BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Roy Keane, Paul Ince, and Mark Hughes Empty Roy Keane, Paul Ince, and Mark Hughes

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:57 am

Keane has now been sacked and the eyes of the football world now turn to Paul Ince.
    Firstly should Keane have been sacked? He was the man responsible for firstly, taking Sunderland into the Premier league two seasons ago. This is not uncommon as Sunderland are a team that are constantly in and out of the Premier League. However what he did was he kept them up. He was the man who not only made Sunderland survive but survive somewhat comfortably. What makes this impressive is the fact that Sunderland were the team to have the lowest ever tally of Premiership points prior to Derby's disasterous season. This makes Roy Keane's achievements even more impressive as he was the manager who took over from the dreadful regieme Mick McCarthey. However as is typical of the fickle cycle of Premiership managers he is sacked when Sunderland have a poor start to the season. In my opinion Keane has done well enough to justify a longer stint in charge. What makes this sacking particularly interesting is the fact that Keane is one of the new crop of managers emerging. Keane, Ince, and Hughes have already risen to near the top of their games; being premiership managers respectively. However all of them are under some pressure, whether it is as a result of poor results(Keane and Ince) and Hughes as a result of the new found prestige of Manchester City. The new breed of managers are under pressure, and if they are all sacked and retreat never to be seen again at the Premiership level(Chris Coleman is an example of this) the English game will loose not only 3 very promising managers, but also increace the amount of foriegn managers in the English game.
    All that i can hope for is that Blackburn and Man City do not sack Ince and Hughes.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Roy Keane, Paul Ince, and Mark Hughes Empty Re: Roy Keane, Paul Ince, and Mark Hughes

Post  Max Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:20 am

I honestly think Hughes is safe until the end of the season if not longer because his bosses are spineless, and Ince doesn't seem like a very good manager, so I won't cry if he gets sacked. But what really amazed me about Keane was that he actually wasn't sacked, he left stating that he could not take the club any further. He probably wants to take up a post at another struggling championship club...
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Roy Keane, Paul Ince, and Mark Hughes Empty Re: Roy Keane, Paul Ince, and Mark Hughes

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:36 am

nice subtle hint there max. I really do hope so, we need a manager who will kick us into gear.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:17 pm

I think you should be hoping for an actual manager for a start
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:15 am

Good work Charlton Board, we have not won a game in 11 games, and what do we do when we do not have a manager? Decide to PUT OFF hiring a new one until next year! Why would we keep a manager who has only managed to get a point so far when we are bottom and coming into the busy festive season. Ridiculous. I don't really mind who gets the job now, i just want a manager.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:17 am

Get Iain Dowie

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:00 am