footwall

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
footwall

Opinions, rumors, discussion and everything else you want to talk about to do with the beautiful game

3 posters

The best and most exciting league in the world.

BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

The best and most exciting league in the world. Empty The best and most exciting league in the world.

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:00 am

In my humble opinion the Championship, purely from a competition point of view is the best league in the world. The league is SO close, one win and you can jump half way up the table, one loss and your in the relegation zone. In my opinion this league should be seen as the ideal for all leagues. The quality is obviously not comparible to that of the Premier league, La Liga, Serie A etc, but it surely is a rollercoster ride for the fans. A Charlton fan such as myself can testify this fact. What makes this league so close? I don't know, but I believe that purely from a unpredicabiltiy aspect, the Championship is the most exciting in the world.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

The best and most exciting league in the world. Empty Re: The best and most exciting league in the world.

Post  Max Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:47 am

Although the Championship deserves credit for it's unpredictability, it is not the most exciting league in world. It's unpredictability has become somewhat predictable. Leagues that are predictable that suddenly have something random happen to them (e.g. Hull City) are the truely exciting ones.
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

The best and most exciting league in the world. Empty Re: The best and most exciting league in the world.

Post  tim Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:30 am

the championship lost a lot of quality once stoke and their amazing football style rose to the top league in england. because of this i have not watched any championship this season
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:39 am

now that palace are winning, it's a lot more interesting, and also now that Chelsea have set up a new youth academy in Watford's first team.
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:01 am

Charlton are doomed to get relegated this year. I can feel it in my bones...
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:24 am

lol Charlton should go to league two then do a hull
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

Post  tim Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:10 pm

who are charlton?
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:28 am

Sad
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:54 am

What's that? Palace are already in the play-off places? I sense automatic promotion! It's a fact that palace always have a better second half of the season
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:16 am

I dont really care about promotion..... pale
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:52 am

you are in the championship. Promotion is ALWAYS a possibility. Look at palace last season. We weren't bottom, but we were in the red zone for the first 12 games but we still made playoffs
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:33 am

Yes, but we have not won a game in 17. We have no manager, we have no confidence, we have no scoring ability, no creative players, no solid defenders and no decent keeper. We are a team that is heading for League One.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:28 am

and to think you were in the prem in 2006(?)
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

Post  tim Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:01 pm

whos charlton?
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:48 am

We are trying to avoid financial woe, thus we sell our good players, do not hire a decent manager and scramble to stay in the championship.

We hired Phil Parkinson, our Caretaker manager for god sake, he has not won a game in his 10 games in charge, we know that he cannot change our fortunes, however, i will only accept this appointment if we spend some money in the window.

To date, we have got Deon Burton from Sheff Wed for free. Fine, but lets get some decent players, PLEASE!
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:53 am

Deon Burton, a quality league one player. A sign of things to come?
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:09 am

Deon Burton, not very good for League One, and yes it may be a subtle sign of things to come. However the fact that we havnt won in 17 is a more obvious sign.
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

Post  tim Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:36 am

BrynJ_SE7 wrote:Deon Burton, not very good for League One, and yes it may be a subtle sign of things to come. However the fact that we havnt won in 17 is a more obvious sign.
    lolololol.

i have nothing constructive to add to the charlton situation as all i know about it is what ive just quoted.
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:44 am

Indeed, however we have now signed Graham Murty from Reading on loan, hopefully will sure up our defence, now however, we need to get some creativity.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:32 am

I suggest Xavi
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

Post  tim Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:26 am

no xavi is going to feyenoord didnt you hear
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:06 am

Hahahahah awesome news, Xavi is linked with two surprising moves to clubs of a far worse level than his current club. I predict that there will be a surprise move in 2014 where charlton buy Kaka for 25 million pounds.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:00 am

yeah right after Messi returns to palace

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:44 pm