footwall

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
footwall

Opinions, rumors, discussion and everything else you want to talk about to do with the beautiful game

2 posters

Possible idea for the economics of the game.

BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Possible idea for the economics of the game. Empty Possible idea for the economics of the game.

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:40 am

I think that this idea has merit, a big club - lets say Real Madrid, helps a smaller club - Xerez - financially. Sort of like a partnership, the big club loses a minute amount of its plentiful money to help a smaller club become more succesfull, and small club is able to function at a more effective rate. The sponsorship would be mutually benificial. The big club could loan its players out to the small club to give them first team experiance and who knows, the better players from the small club could even end up playing in the glamour of the big leagues. This would not only increace compititon in the lower leagues, it would increace intrest and the community feel of football. The fans of the big league team, Madrid, would be more disposed to liking Xerez, thus there would be a far greater intrest in the lower leagues of football. The community feel would increace as the two clubs would be working together and would be a partnership of David and Goliath to take on the rest of the world of football. This idea is half baked but do not discount it immedeately, point out what is wrong with it, but also chuck in some suggestions on how to make it better, who knows Sepp Blatter might be getting a call sooner or later!
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Possible idea for the economics of the game. Empty Re: Possible idea for the economics of the game.

Post  Max Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:44 am

The idea has merit, but it already in practise on a smaller scale. Example: Chelsea + Oldham. Chelsea get first pick on Oldham's top talent, whilst Oldham get's Chelsea's youth players on loan as well as burn outs. This kind of thing does not INCREASE my liking or INTEREST for lower league football, it just makes me thing my club is being nice which is cool
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Possible idea for the economics of the game. Empty Re: Possible idea for the economics of the game.

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:03 am

I think that you'd be an exception to the rule, most people would treat their little club somewhat like a little brother. They would be protective and fairly loyal to it. If this was an actual regimented rule, i think that my statements would be considered correct.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:22 am

I think it's a tad un-necessary to incorporate smaller clubs with bigger clubs because then the fans could potentially begin to loose identity with their club etc.
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:25 am

I guess, but i sill think that it would be a good way to increace intrest in the lower leagues.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:27 am

But my point was that it would make some of the smaller club supporters fall over the already overly popular bigger teams. It would mean Man U would have fans in england for example

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:08 am