footwall

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
footwall

Opinions, rumors, discussion and everything else you want to talk about to do with the beautiful game

2 posters

Avram Grant

Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Avram Grant Empty Avram Grant

Post  Max Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:22 pm

If he manifested some sort of dressing room charm he would be a serious force to be reckoned with. Even without having his players on side Chelsea played semi-exciting stuff and did bloody well, and were extremely unlucky not to win everything!
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Avram Grant Empty Re: Avram Grant

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:21 am

The main problem with Grant is that he is not a media charming figure. The manager at a club like chelsea needs to be hugely arrogant, or have something special about them. Mourinho was perfect in that regard, however the unemotional Avram is somewhat lacking in the charm that made Mourinho and even Scolari great at the club. Grant would be better at a club that was more understated and not one of the most contriversial and prominent clubs in football today.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:40 am

So ever since we have one ridiculously arrogant manager, which no other club (unless you can call ferguson arrogant) has this is just the standard for us? We don't need an arrogant manager at all. Scolari is possibly the most modest manager in the premier league. All I'm saying is that Avram Grant just needs a little bit of personality, enough to defend himself and then he would be a great manager. He did bloody well without a personality.
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:47 am

performance wise he was fine, unlucky, but fine. However Abramovic and Kenyon, I believe, would only employ a) a famous manager, and b)someone who is brash and confident enough to be the "bad boys" of football. Looking back to Mourinho's era at the club, Chelsea played awful football, but did outstandingly results wise. As a result of their style of football and rich owners, the rest of the footballing world hated them. Mourinho carried out this idea of Chelsea being a hated team and made the club very tight knit and close, a small band of renegades against the world of football. I think that this persona for the club was very fitting and the people up top, still want that sort of attitude in some way, no matter how much they say they want fast flowing football. As a result of this the only people who will be hired are people with the personalities that allow for a team atmosphere similar to that of Mourinho's Chelsea. As in my opinion, Mourinho is the perfect boss for Chelsea.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:18 am

Well speaking from a fans perspective, I enjoy not being hassled about playing boring football. Although Avram Grant's Chelsea was very similar to Mourinho's, Avram Grant brought more attacking emphasis, and I really enjoyed watching Chelsea go out and attacking other big teams. Avram grant had a fabulous record against the other members of the big four, despite drawing his first encounter with liverpool, then losing to arsenal and man utd. In the second half of the season he was unbeaten against other big four teams (except in "that" final which barely counts). Avram Grant has a better league record than Mourinho (although he was there for only 3/4s of a season) that is still some achievement. He would be my second choice replacement for Scolari (hypothetically).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 am