footwall

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
footwall

Opinions, rumors, discussion and everything else you want to talk about to do with the beautiful game

3 posters

The best players who get no recognition

BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

The best players who get no recognition Empty The best players who get no recognition

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:49 am

There was recently a very interesting article on Soccernet about the players who are crucial to certain teams, that do not get noticed when it comes to awards or transfer intrest. Put your Top 5 best players who get no recognition on here. Mine are:

1. Micheal Carrick - Manchester United - There was massive hype about Carrick when he left Spurs for Manchester United in a deal worth around 16 million pounds. However after a first season riddled with injury and bench time, the hype died down aournd this player. He has now started to show the form that cost the Red Devils 16 million pounds. Having started almost all United's games this season Carrick is scoring goals, playing solid football and reminding the footballing world about his unacknowledged talent.

2. Maicon Douglas Sisenando (Maicon) - Inter Milan - Maicon has long been on my books as one of the best and most exciting right fullbacks in football. However how often do you hear his name among the top players in the world? Never. Evra, Ramos, Cole, Lahm, all wide backs with huge reputations and massive praise from the football media. However in my opinion Maicon is up there among them.

3. Peter Crouch - Portsmouth - This could be percieved as somewhat surprising as some people rate him very highly but here he is in 3rd. Crouch started his career with a hiss and a roar at Portsmouth, then transfered to their bitter rivals Southampton, after Southampton's relegation from the Premier League Liverpool jumped in and secured the services of the 6'7 striker. His time at Liverpool was far away from the 'golden era' that every player dreams of when hired by a big time club. He hardly started, struggled to perform and was compartmentalised as a player who relied soley on his head for his goals. However, after a summer transfer to Pompey, Crouch is now showing the world his true potential as a player. He is scoring fantastic goals with his head, aswell as his feet and is forcing his way into the England set up.

4. Thierry Henry - Barcelona - Do not shout at me too soon. Think about Henry's Barca life. He transfered from Arsenal to Barca at the doorstep of 30, after having the most prelific carrer in Gunner's history. In his time at Arsenal he was the most feared forward in the world and scored for fun. However in this time he never won the FIFA player of the year award. This is a blessing in disguise in some cases but for a player who, in my opinion, was by far the most deserving of it during the Arsenal "Unbeatables Era". This is reason number one that he is underrated. Number two is the critisism he recieved for his performances last year in Barca's awful season. This was underserved in my opinion as he still managed to be Barca's top scorer. Thus he is underrated again.

5. I would have a 5th, but I ran out of time to write one so i will add it later.
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

The best players who get no recognition Empty Re: The best players who get no recognition

Post  tim Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:13 am

bryn (and max too). I would say these (great) posts are more for a blog than a forum but whatever brings the most satisfaction....
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

The best players who get no recognition Empty Re: The best players who get no recognition

Post  Max Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 pm

Oi Tim BLOGS ARE FOR WIERDOS!!
    Anyway one player who you have failed to mention, and I thought you of all people would jump all over is Tamudo (Espanyol). Quality striker. Doesn't play for Spain enough in my opinion, but then again he's up against the best in the world for that spot so it's unfortunate for him.
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:34 am

The reason we made this a forum is becuase in a forum we can have more than one contributer. We tried to make a blog origionally.
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:12 am

and i completely agree max, Tamudo is an awesome player and is very unlucky to be Spanish, no racist allogations please.
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

Post  tim Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:28 am

blogger.com and wordpress.com both allow for multiple posters so both bryn and max can do it plus theres a comments section as well.

but whatever brings the most satisfaction.

also hleb isnt praised enough.
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:02 am

hleb has played poorly at Barca, well in comparison to last year.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:24 am

Bryn you can't talk Hleb actually is really good I completely agree Tim he plays awesomely at Barca, he fit's in perfectly and is a useful super sub. And when he's played in Spain I've seen another side to him which I never saw previously, he's rather tricksy and does lots of tricks
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

Post  tim Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:48 am

also bryn when you say crouch are you saying him because he's more underrated than defoe? because i think defoe is pretty underrated (maybe not so much these days) and is a lot better than crouch.
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:57 am

The reason why i said Hleb was worse this year Max was because he has played less, thus he has not been as influential or rated as he was last year.
    I would agree with you Tim in ways, Defoe is underrated but I maintain that Crouch is a good player, as good as Defoe, in a very differant way, I wrote him in as an underrated player as he was persecuted to a certain extent at Liverpool, people called him a bad player just because Benitez did not play him. Whereas Defoe still had acclaim at Spurs but was just kept out of the team by two better players in Berbatov and Keane. Thus Crouch was more underrated than Defoe, as the gulf between the players actual ability and the recognition the player received was bigger in the case of Crouch. However i do agree with you Tim, I still think that Defoe is underrated.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:26 pm

well Bryn, Hleb is still as influential, he basically saved the game against Sporting when they nearly had their massive comeback, he came on and made two goals to seal the game for Barca. And because he faces some of the best in the world for competition for his spot in the first team, I would not say he is worse at all. I actually think he's got better
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

Post  tim Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:46 am

yeah hleb is fantastic.

and good sum-up re defoe bryn
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:25 am

im not saying he is worse max, im saying that he has been less influential. Quality does not leave a player in half a season.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:16 am

BrynJ_SE7 wrote:The reason why i said Hleb was worse this year Max was because he has played less, thus he has not been as influential or rated as he was last year.
    I would agree with you Tim in ways, Defoe is underrated but I maintain that Crouch is a good player, as good as Defoe, in a very differant way, I wrote him in as an underrated player as he was persecuted to a certain extent at Liverpool, people called him a bad player just because Benitez did not play him. Whereas Defoe still had acclaim at Spurs but was just kept out of the team by two better players in Berbatov and Keane. Thus Crouch was more underrated than Defoe, as the gulf between the players actual ability and the recognition the player received was bigger in the case of Crouch. However i do agree with you Tim, I still think that Defoe is underrated.

I think you totally did
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

Post  tim Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:38 am

hahahhaa
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:27 am

ouch, i got told lol
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:26 am

I know it's lame to go through people's previous posts to prove them wrong like that but it was on the same page so I couldn't help myself
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:58 am

Nah its totally fair enough. However when your posts are mamoth you forget what is said in each.
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:21 am

bah humbug
    forum eticate
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:24 am

hahaha, you should put these rules in paper format. It would be good for the forum
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:41 am

These are just unspoken (unwritten) rules. Think about it, think-think about it
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:23 am

Is one, quote FOTC as much as possible?
    Max
    Max
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Max Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:09 am

well as much as I have tried I have only been able to do it in one post, but I'm not trying
    BrynJ_SE7
    BrynJ_SE7
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  BrynJ_SE7 Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:44 pm

fair enough too.
    tim
    tim
    Super Sub
    Super Sub

Post  tim Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:45 am

i have no idea what you two are talking about

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm